Drama Development Manager
12-month fixed term contract with a high possibility of extension
- Highly sought after and rewarding job role.
- Creative, flexible and positive work culture.
- Four- or five-day working week will be considered for this position.
We are looking to hire an experienced Drama Development Manager to join our Development and Production Funding team on a 12-month fixed term contract, with high a possibility of extension. This highly sought-after Drama Development Manager role is responsible for the proactive, day to day management of Screenwest’s development funding programs, relating to drama projects for all platforms. This is a full-time position, but Screenwest will consider a four day working week. We welcome interstate and/or international applicants and Screenwest offers relocation assistance.
Summary of Duties
- Assist in the design, development, implementation and management of Screenwest’s development programs and initiatives.
- Delivery and day-to-day management of all Screenwest drama development programs.
- Offer advice to senior management pertaining to current domestic and international trends in the drama space.
- Manage the drama assessment and selection processes.
- Select external assessors and engage in high level creative and project-viability discussions with other assessors.
- Provide creative and logistical advice on the development of drama or scripted projects.
- Provide creative project coverage, advice and project notes to management and stakeholders on drama projects.
- Regularly engage with the local and national screen industry, track drama projects and WA stories, proactively seeking opportunities for the WA community.
- Represent Screenwest at forums, markets and industry events, promoting its services and the interests of the WA screen industry.
About You/Work Related Requirements
- Substantial experience in the development of a wide range of scripted and drama screen projects.
- Highly developed script skills in television drama and feature films.
- Experience working with television and/or feature film drama.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the film and television industry including financing.
- Working knowledge of drama screen production practices.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and industry.
- Degree level qualification is desirable.
- A current (within six months) National Police Clearance Certificate will be required.
How to apply
Please submit the following within the context of the advertised role:
- Cover letter that addresses the work related requirements.
- Detailed and current resume
If shortlisted, we will contact you for an initial telephone interview.
If you require further information about this role or a detailed job description, please contact HR@screenwest.com.au, or call Hayley on 0451 110 745.
Applications close Friday, 18 October 2019.
Based in East Perth, Screenwest is Western Australia’s screen funding and development organisation, committed to working in partnership with the screen industry to develop, support and promote film, television and digital media production in Western Australia.
Listen to our podcast – In Conversation with Screenwest for a behind the scenes look at the world of screen production as world-class film, television, documentary and digital media practitioners share their experiences, insight and expertise.
View the WA Screen Industry Calendar to see what’s happening in the screen industry in Western Australia.