The team at Screenwest are a passionate group of people who love the screen industry. We all hail from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and professional experiences. Employment opportunities are listed on this page, as well as being advertised externally and in our monthly newsletter. To subscribe to our newsletter, click here.
Chief Executive Officer
About the Role
Recognised as a leader across the Australian screen industry, Screenwest is one of the largest WA Culture and Arts organisation’s and the only national screen organisation operating as an independent Not for Profit.
The organisation and sector are currently experiencing a period of exponential growth in production and development opportunities and has recently become one of the busiest screen industry organisations Nationally.
Whilst supporting a number of exciting projects, including the productions of BREATH, GO KARTS and part of SBS’s Untold Australia series BEHIND THE BLUE LINE, Screenwest additionally supports industry marketing & communication, industry advisory groups & partnerships and research across the sector whilst also operating the Yagan Square Digital Tower.
We are seeking a new CEO to deliver on the vision across all areas of operations and partnerships of bringing world-class Western Australian stories and identity to screen, for the benefit of the community. Having moved to a flexible and agile operating model, with long standing funding partners and a track record of success this is unprecedented opportunity for Screenwest to grow its impact, collaborate on new ventures and expand partnerships.
The CEO is key to shaping the organisational culture and building and strengthening effective key stakeholder relationships. With overall responsibility for the development and achievement of strategic goals your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering and working alongside the Board to grow impact across the sector and delivery on 2021 strategic vision
- Leading the organisation, and its long-term collaborators, supportively through a time of significant growth, innovation and change
- Providing overall business and financial management to deliver the most effective and efficient outcomes to the organisation and sector
- Actively develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including funding partners and industry
- Securing additional funding sources through strategic and persuasive commercial positioning
- Attracting a new age digitally-driven and agile workforce
We are seeking a passionate individual with strong leadership skills and demonstrated experience managing teams and stakeholders through dynamic periods. The individual will have a high level of commercial acumen and excellent stakeholder management skills. An affinity with the Australian and International screen or arts industries is of interest as is experienced Senior Executives with proven skills who are interested to move into the sector.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your resume on the Derwent Executive website or contact Julie Colvin on +61 8 9282 5250 for more information.