The team at Screenwest are a passionate group of people who love the screen industry. We all hail from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and professional experiences. Employment opportunties are listed on this page, as well as being advertised externally and in our fortnightly newsletter. To subscribe to our newsletter, click here.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Renowned as a key player in the Australian screen industry this organisation has recently transitioned to become an independent Not for Profit organisation with responsibility for its own governance and strategic direction. As a result, we are now seeking a new Chief Executive Officer to deliver on the vision of bringing world-class Western Australian stories and identity to screen, for the benefit of the community. With long standing funding partners and a track record of success and leadership across the industry this organisation is well positioned to face the pace and scale of change across the sector.
The CEO has a key role to play in shaping the organisational culture and building and strengthening effective key stakeholder relationships in particular during this time of transition. With overall responsibility for the development and achievement of strategic goals your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and managing strategic planning
- Advancing the running of the business
- Driving growth along with the Board and major partners
- Developing and maintaining extensive networks
- Securing additional funding sources through strategic and persuasive commercial positioning
- Acting as the key advocate, and promoting the interests of, the screen sector in the wider community
- Leading the organisation, and its long-term collaborators, supportively through a time of innovation and change
- Attracting a new age digitally-driven workforce
We are seeking a passionate individual with strong leadership skills and demonstrated experience managing teams through a period of change. The individual will have a high level of commercial acumen and excellent stakeholder management skills. An affinity with the Australian and international screen production and distribution industries or arts industry is an advantage, although you may not have professional experience within the sector.
This is a rare leadership opportunity fusing commercial and cultural interests together. It’s an exciting time for the organisation, the screen industry and the broader culture and arts community of Western Australia.
To apply please visit the job listing – Chief Executive Officer – Screenwest – SEEK or for further information please contact Julie Colvin at Derwent Executive on 08 9282 5250.