Measures to support accessibility
Screenwest (Australia) Ltd takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the Screenwest website:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- User testing with practitioners who use assistive technologies.
- Conduct regular web accessibility audits.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
The Screenwest Website has been built to conform with WCAG 2.1 Level AA wherever possible, however some elements are only partially conformant.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the Screenwest website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for screenwest.com.au:
- Podcasts: Some of our early podcast episodes are not yet transcribed, however transcriptions for our full back catalogue are in progress. If there is a particular episode you require transcribed, please get in touch through the Contact Us page of our website or by email to let us know. We will prioritise the transcription of that episode and send you a link to the transcript within 7 business days. All podcasts produced from 2021 onwards are transcribed before publication.
- Crew & Services Directory and Locations Gallery: Screenwest cannot verify our directories hosted on screenwest.reel-scout.com comply by WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility standards as they are generated by a separately hosted third-party service. We are continuing to work with our service providers to correct any accessibility issues as we become aware of them. If you have an issue creating a Crew & Services profile, browsing the directory or using our Locations Gallery, please contact us and one of our staff will assist you.
- Interactive Maps and Calendar: Our calendar and map plugins have been modified to be as accessible as possible, they however do not meet full WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliance. If you are unable to access the information on either of these pages, please get in contact with us and one of our staff will assist you.
- Downloadable Documents: Wherever possible, PDFs, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel documents uploaded to the Screenwest website have been created to meet the latest document accessibility standards. Some legacy documents or files that have been produced by a third party may not meet these standards. Documents provided on this website can be provided in other formats upon request. Please contact us to request alternate document formats.
Throughout this website, you may encounter documents and files that may require you to install additional software on your computer. Please note that in most cases you are not required to install anything as most computers are capable to read the documents and files on this website.
The following is a list of software that you may need to read the documents and files on this website:
- PDF Documents: Download Adobe PDF Reader
- Microsoft Excel Documents and Microsoft Word Documents: Download OpenOffice for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows
Feedback & Additional Support
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of screenwest.com.au. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on screenwest.com.au: