A Professional Attachment opportunity is available through the Screenwest Crew Attachment Program on an upcoming Feature Film Avarice. Applications close Monday 14th June at 5:00pm AWST.
About the Attachment
The successful candidate will complete a Six-Week Assistant Editor Attachment under the expert guidance of Lawrence Silvestrin where they will:
- Gain experience working in post-production of a drama feature film.
- Gain experience liaising with the Camera, Sound, and Production Departments.
- Gain experience liaising with post facilities.
- Manage the picture and sound rushes during the shoot.
- Learn how to use Da Vinci Resolve to import and transcode the picture rushes to an offline editing format, including managing the metadata.
- Learn how to import transcoded rushes in Avid Media Composer and sync the rushes with the location scout, then produce fully logged sub clips in preparation for editing.
- Learn how to manage the cutting room.
- Help ensure the smooth running of the post-production process.
- Observe the edit on a daily basis.
- Time permitting the attachment will be given the opportunity to do assembly work on the edit.
There may be an opportunity to continue with the production for the right candidate.
Screenwest encourages applications from Western Australians from underrepresented and/or diverse groups, appropriate to the roles. The WA screen industry recognises diversity as differences in:
- Indigenous identity;
- cultural and linguistic diversity (CaLD);
- sexuality and gender identities (LGBTQI+);
- location (including urban communities and remote regions), and
- socio-economic status.
The successful recipient is anticipated to commence in the role on Monday 21st June, 2021.
If the right candidate cannot be found for this role, the attachment may be offered in another department.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements
- Demonstrate a genuine desire to pursue a career in Film & Television Post-Production through on of the following:
- Short courses
- Completed Tertiary Education in Film & Television with a focus on post-production.
- Examples of own work
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Sound working knowledge of computer technology and Avid Media Composer software
- A committed work ethic and good attention to detail.
- Proven initiative and the ability to problem solve.
- Knowledge of Da Vinci Resolve is preferred but not essential.
It is expected the successful Attachment will:
- Comply with the Producer’s workplace rules and requirements for safety and behaviour.
- Comply with all lawful and reasonable directions given to the Attachment by officers or employees of the Producer during the Term of the Attachment.
- Keep confidential any and all confidential information of the Producer that comes into the Attachment’s possession.
How to Apply
The full guidelines and applications materials are available on the Crew Attachment Program page on the Screenwest website.
All program guidelines are to be read in conjunction with the Screenwest Terms of Trade.
Applications must be completed in full and submitted by 5:00pm AWST on Monday 14th June 2021.
Acceptance of any additional application materials after this date is subject to Screenwest’s discretion.
Applications will be accepted through the Screenwest SmartyGrants Portal, with application forms going live Friday, 4 June 2021. Do not email applications directly to individual Screenwest staff members.
You can start your application at any time once the portal opens. You can save your progress and return to it at any time before the deadline. Do not start your application the day it is due.
An application receipt will be automatically forwarded to the applicant from SmartyGrants to confirm that Screenwest has received the application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact Screenwest if an application receipt has not been received within two working days.
Please note: the submission portal for all funding programs close automatically at 5:00pm AWST sharp on the specified due date.
Allow plenty of time to submit your application in case of unanticipated problems. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Access the application form here.
Applications close Monday 14th June 2021 at 5:00pm AWST.
To talk to someone about this opportunity, applicants should contact:
Listen to our podcast – In Conversation with Screenwest for a behind the scenes look at the world of screen production as world-class film, television, documentary and digital media practitioners share their experiences, insight and expertise.
View the WA Screen Industry Calendar to see what’s happening in the screen industry in Western Australia.