Application deadline extended to Wednesday, 30 June, 2021 at 5pmAWST.
Screenwest is seeking Expressions of Interest for current vacancies on the Screenwest Board’s Industry Advisory Group (IAG). Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the IAG
The IAG is an advisory group that assists the Screenwest Board to engage with, monitor and maintain currency with emerging issues and trends affecting the WA screen industry.
The IAG helps the Board make policy and strategic decisions on a properly informed basis and provides a vital link and flow of information between the Screenwest Board and the WA screen industry. For full details please see the IAG Charter.
The EOI process seeks individuals with interest and enthusiasm, and who are actively engaged with and committed to the screen industry. The IAG has a complementary mix of screen industry interests, skills, and experience to ensure that it can meet the tasks required of it.
The IAG is seeking new members to replace members whose term has been fulfilled. The IAG will be looking to ensure that representatives of Indigenous Practitioners, CALD Practitioners and the Games and VR sector are brought onto the IAG to replace members whose term has been fulfilled. Previous applicants are also encouraged to apply.
The IAG typically meets formally with Screenwest and the Board once a quarter. It is also expected members will be available for (at least) quarterly IAG group discussions and to participate at Town Hall events.
IAG members may be appointed for a term of up to three years with all terms starting from date of appointment, which on this occasion we anticipate is August 1st 2021. Members receive an honorarium as determined by the Screenwest Board remuneration policy.
Secretariat and Communications support to the IAG is provided by Screenwest.
Role and Objectives of the Industry Advisory Group
The key objectives of the Industry Advisory Group are to:
- Advise Screenwest on existing, new or emerging matters in the screen industry in Western Australia;
- Advise Screenwest on the effectiveness of measures and actions required by Screenwest to assist in the development of the screen industry in Western Australia;
- Promote dialogue between industry and the community to build the community’s confidence in Screenwest and in the screen industry in Western Australia;
- Assist in the development of and informing the community and industry of new policies or actions to be undertaken by Screenwest;
- Facilitate ongoing communication and transfer of information between different parts of the screen industry in Western Australia, and the local community; and
- Consider any matter referred to it by Screenwest, or any other relevant matter.
Individual Member Responsibilities
- Actively participate and regularly attend meetings.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions relating to agenda items.
- Act as an advocate for Screenwest and the WA screen industry.
- Comply with the Screenwest Constitution, Board Charter, IAG Charter and Screenwest policies including conflict of interest and confidentially.
- Thoroughly prepare for IAG meetings.
- Action and follow up tasks established by the IAG.
EOI Member Application Assessment
The IAG and Screenwest CEO will assess all applications and provide recommendations to the Screenwest Board for their consideration.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application the skills, experience and abilities required to successfully contribute to the IAG.
The appointment of members will be based on the individual’s attributes that will enable the IAG to assist Screenwest realise its strategic objectives. Previous applicants are also encouraged to apply.
The following criteria will be considered in the assessment of applications:
- Screen industry skills, experience, and knowledge.
- Capacity to think and contribute strategically.
- Ability to participate co-operatively with a diverse range of different people.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Well established networks within area of practice.
The assessment panel will also take into consideration the desired skills mix and experience of individuals required to achieve a complementary and diverse composition on the IAG.
How to Apply
To apply, submit by email:
- A completed an IAG Expression of Interest Application Form – Download here: Screenwest-IAG-Expression-of-Interest-Form-May 2021
- Your personal Curriculum Vitae.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted to email@example.com
Closing Time for EOI Member Applications
Deadline extended! Expressions of Interest close 5:00pm AWST on Wednesday, 30 June 2021.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Enquiries can be directed in the first instance to:
Nina Gee, Administration Assistant
Toll Free: 1800 463 043