PLEASE NOTE: Key Responsibilities and Requirements have been recently updated.
A Professional Attachment opportunity is available through the Screenwest Crew Attachment Program on an upcoming Feature Film Sweet As. Applications close 31 May at 5:00pm AWST.
About the Attachment
The successful candidate will complete a six-week Costume Assistant Attachment under the expert guidance of Costume Designer Lien See Leong where they will:
- Have the opportunity to sit in on the design process with an experienced Costume Designer
- gain an understanding of the process a Costume Designers follows to transition an idea for a costume through to it appearing on screen.
- Develop an understanding of the different roles within the costume department
- Learn the different skills and equipment knowledge required for working members of the Costume department
- Develop an understanding of the relationship and collaboration between the Costume department and the Art and Production departments
- Gain on set experience on a feature film
Screenwest encourages applications from Western Australians from underrepresented and/or diverse groups, appropriate to the roles. The WA screen industry recognises diversity as differences in:
- Indigenous identity;
- cultural and linguistic diversity (CaLD);
- sexuality and gender identities (LGBTQI+);
- location (including urban communities and remote regions), and
- socio-economic status.
The successful recipient is anticipated to commence in the role on Monday the 21st of June, 2021.
If the right candidate cannot be found for this role, the attachment may be offered in another department.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements
- Demonstrated commitment to a career in the Costume Department through one or more of the following
- Short courses
- Completed Tertiary Education in Design or Costume
- Examples of costume or design work in related industry, e.g. theatre.
- Ability to Problem Solve
- Ability to follow directions and work as part of a team
- Must be available to travel during the attachment period.
It is expected the successful Attachment will:
- Comply with the Producer’s workplace rules and requirements for safety and behaviour.
- Comply with all lawful and reasonable directions given to the Attachment by officers or employees of the Producer during the Term of the Attachment.
- Keep confidential any and all confidential information of the Producer that comes into the Attachment’s possession.
Deadlines and How to Apply
The full guidelines and applications materials are available on the Crew Attachment Program page on the Screenwest website.
All program guidelines are to be read in conjunction with the Screenwest Terms of Trade.
Applications must be completed in full and submitted by 5:00pm AWST on Monday 31 May 2021.
Acceptance of any additional application materials after this date is subject to Screenwest’s discretion.
Applications will be accepted through the Screenwest SmartyGrants Portal, with application forms going live Friday, 21 May 2021. Do not email applications directly to individual Screenwest staff members.
You can start your application at any time once the portal opens. You can save your progress and return to it at any time before the deadline. Do not start your application the day it is due.
An application receipt will be automatically forwarded to the applicant from SmartyGrants to confirm that Screenwest has received the application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact Screenwest if an application receipt has not been received within two working days.
Please note: the submission portal for all funding programs close automatically at 5:00pm AWST sharp on the specified due date.
Allow plenty of time to submit your application in case of unanticipated problems. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Access the application form here.
To talk to someone about this opportunity, applicants should contact:
Listen to our podcast – In Conversation with Screenwest for a behind the scenes look at the world of screen production as world-class film, television, documentary and digital media practitioners share their experiences, insight and expertise.
View the WA Screen Industry Calendar to see what’s happening in the screen industry in Western Australia.