Regional Stills Photography Attachment Opportunity with Ian Brodie
Screenwest have partnered with the Goldfields-Esperance Development Commission | GEDC to offer a Professional Attachment Opportunity to an emerging Goldfields-Esperance Photographer. Applications close Tuesday, 20 April 2021 at 5:00pm AWST.
About the Attachment
The successful candidate will complete a Three-Week attachment under the expert guidance of Film Tourism Expert & Stills Photographer, Ian Brodie where they will:
- Travel throughout the Goldfields-Esperance Region scouting and photographing locations.
- Develop an understanding of landscape photography for Film Tourism purposes.
- Gain experience researching a location with the intention of using it for Film Tourism & Film Friendly activities.
- Gain experience developing promotional materials to showcase a region as a production designation.
Screenwest encourages applications from Western Australians from underrepresented and/or diverse groups, appropriate to the roles. The WA screen industry recognises diversity as differences in:
- Indigenous identity;
- cultural and linguistic diversity (CaLD);
- sexuality and gender identities (LGBTQI+);
- location (including urban communities and remote regions), and
- socio-economic status.
The successful recipient is anticipated to commence in the role on Thursday, 6 May 2021.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements
- Be a Goldfields-Esperance resident and an advocate for the region.
- Have a genuine passion for landscape photography.
- Have access to a computer and reliable internet connection.
- Be detail orientated.
- Have good written communication skills.
- Have a working knowledge of Adobe InDesign.
- Be able to travel for work.
- Be able to work remotely and be self-motivated.
Previous photography experience is preferred.
It is expected the successful Attachment will:
- Comply with the Mentor’s workplace rules and requirements for safety and behaviour.
- Comply with all lawful and reasonable directions given to the Attachment by officers or employees of the Mentor during the Term of the Attachment.
- Keep confidential any and all privileged information of the Mentor that comes into the Attachment’s possession.
How to Apply
All program guidelines are to be read in conjunction with the Screenwest Terms of Trade.
An application receipt will be forwarded to the applicant within two working days to confirm that Screenwest has received the application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact Screenwest if an application receipt has not been received within this timeframe.
To talk to someone about this opportunity, applicants should contact:
Listen to our podcast – In Conversation with Screenwest for a behind the scenes look at the world of screen production as world-class film, television, documentary and digital media practitioners share their experiences, insight and expertise.
View the WA Screen Industry Calendar to see what’s happening in the screen industry in Western Australia.