2nd Assistant Camera Attachment on Feature Film How To Please A Woman
A Professional Attachment opportunity is available through the Screenwest Crew Attachment Program on the Feisty Dame Productions and Such Much Films upcoming Feature Film How To Please A Woman. Applications close Monday, 12 April 2021 at 5:00pm AWST.
About the Attachment
The successful candidate will complete a six- week 2nd AC Attachment under the expert guidance of 2nd AC Paolo Feliciano where they will:
- Work closely with the camera team
- Gain experience and understanding of what is required to work professionally as a 2nd AC
- Develop a deeper understanding of the processes of the camera department on a feature film including aspects such as:
- collaborating and communicating with the camera team and other crew members
- managing and caring for equipment
- changing and charging camera batteries
- changing lenses
- operating the clapper board
- liaising with the offline-post house
Screenwest encourages applications from Western Australians from underrepresented and/or diverse groups, appropriate to the roles. The WA screen industry recognises diversity as differences in:
- Indigenous identity
- cultural and linguistic diversity (CaLD)
- sexuality and gender identities (LGBTQI+)
- location (including urban communities and remote regions)
- socio-economic status
The successful recipient is anticipated to commence in the role on Monday, 19 April 2021.
If the right candidate cannot be found for this role, the attachment may be offered in another department.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements
- Experience in the camera department and is looking for an opportunity to gain the skills required to become a 2nd AC.
- Demonstrated commitment to working within the camera department.
- Previous experience in the camera department as Video Split/assistant role would be beneficial as this would be training towards the 2nd AC role. Without previous experience in the camera department, the position would be training as a camera assistant to gain an overall sense of the camera department with the purpose of working professionally as a 2nd AC in the future.
It is expected the successful Attachment will:
- Comply with the Producer’s workplace rules and requirements for safety and behaviour.
- Comply with all lawful and reasonable directions given to the Attachment by officers or employees of the Producer during the Term of the Attachment.
- Keep confidential any and all confidential information of the Producer that comes into the Attachment’s possession.
How to Apply
The full guidelines and applications materials are available on the Crew Attachment Program page on the Screenwest website.
All program guidelines are to be read in conjunction with the Screenwest Terms of Trade.
An application receipt will be forwarded to the applicant within two working days to confirm that Screenwest has received the application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact Screenwest if an application receipt has not been received within this timeframe.
To talk to someone about this opportunity, applicants should contact:
Listen to our podcast – In Conversation with Screenwest for a behind the scenes look at the world of screen production as world-class film, television, documentary and digital media practitioners share their experiences, insight and expertise.
View the WA Screen Industry Calendar to see what’s happening in the screen industry in Western Australia.