Edit Assistant Attachment on Australia’s Health Revolution with Dr Michael Mosley
A Professional Attachment opportunity is available through the Screenwest Crew Attachment Program on an upcoming Television Series Australia’s Health Revolution with Dr Michael Mosley. Applications close Monday, 1 February 2021 at 5:00pm AWST.
About the Attachment
The successful candidate will complete a 10 week Edit Assistant Attachment across 2 episodes under the expert guidance of Editor Assistant Callum McNeil, Editor Meredith Watson-Jeffrey and Nick Dunlop where they will:
- learn procedures to ingest all footage into Avid, including media management,
- prep project for an editor e.g. bin break downs, logging etc.,
- source/Import music and SFX,
- export and upload cuts for viewing,
- observe the edit process from Rushes (viewing) to Assembly to Fine Cut,
- observe the working relationship between the Editor and Director or Post Producer,
- chance to assemble scenes with feedback from Editor,
- import music and SFX as needed throughout edit, and;
- export cuts as needed.
Screenwest encourages applications from Western Australians from underrepresented and/or diverse groups, appropriate to the roles. The WA screen industry recognises diversity as differences in:
- Indigenous identity;
- cultural and linguistic diversity (CaLD);
- sexuality and gender identities (LGBTQI+);
- location (including urban communities and remote regions), and;
- socio-economic status.
The successful recipient is anticipated to commence in the role on Monday, 22 February 2021.
If the right candidate cannot be found for this role, the attachment may be offered in another department.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements
- A primary interest in wanting to be an editor, not a director or producer
- An interest in Documentary story telling
- Avid experience/familiarity is preferred although not necessary (it would be useful to do an on-line tutorial if no experience)
- Some understanding of the editing process so practical skills can be applied during the placement.
It is expected the successful Attachment will:
- comply with the Producer’s workplace rules and requirements for safety and behaviour.
- Comply with all lawful and reasonable directions given to the Attachment by officers or employees of the Producer during the Term of the Attachment.
- Keep confidential any and all confidential information of the Producer that comes into the Attachment’s possession.
How to Apply
The full guidelines and applications materials are available on the Crew Attachment Program page on the Screenwest website.
All program guidelines are to be read in conjunction with the Screenwest Terms of Trade.
An application receipt will be forwarded to the applicant within two working days to confirm that Screenwest has received the application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact Screenwest if an application receipt has not been received within this timeframe.
Applications close Monday, 1 February 2021 at 5:00pm AWST.
To talk to someone about this opportunity, applicants should contact:
Listen to our podcast – In Conversation with Screenwest for a behind the scenes look at the world of screen production as world-class film, television, documentary and digital media practitioners share their experiences, insight and expertise.
View the WA Screen Industry Calendar to see what’s happening in the screen industry in Western Australia.