Screenwest Seeks Expressions of Interest to Create its New Trailer
Screenwest are welcoming submissions from WA production and post-production companies to create our new trailer; reinvesting in our sector and celebrating the world-class work that the WA screen industry creates.
Screenwest is an organisation that advances culture by bringing Western Australian stories and identity to screen for the benefit of the community. Our vision is world-class Western Australian stories on screen, increasingly sought after by audiences everywhere.
Through the support of Lotterywest and the state government of Western Australia, Screenwest is Western Australia’s lead screen funding and development organisation, supporting film, television and digital production.
For over 25 years Screenwest has supported the Western Australian Screen Industry with over 470 projects coming to life. With generous incentives, talented crew, incredible locations, Western Australia is fast becoming a national competitor for productions.
The aim of the TVC is to promote Screenwest’s role in supporting the Western Australian Screen Industry and celebrating the fantastic productions, locations and crew that WA has to offer.
- Key Screenwest stakeholders (including funders and potential funders)
- Producers looking to Film in WA
- Members of the WA national or international film industries attending industry events and conferences
- General public attending events that Screenwest supports through the Audience Community Engagement Fund (ACEF)
The TVC must:
- Include Screenwest supported projects footage (to be included from a supplied package, for example of footage watch our past trailer)
- Showcase stunning Western Australian locations
- Include Screenwest’s animated logo (to be supplied) with Government and Lotterywest crests
- Be Wholly produced by Western Australian Companies with Western Australian creatives
- Be creative whilst keeping true to the core aims and focus of Screenwest
- Be for general audiences so not include extreme violence or course language, nudity etc.
- Promote the benefit of filmmaking for the Western Australian Community
Budget: The maximum budget is $8,000 ex gst.
Duration: 45 seconds in duration
Format: for the use on a variety of mediums including online, large format and in cinemas.
Screenwest will select a proposal based on:
- Adherence to budget
- Track record of company in producing similar work
- Creativity and distinctiveness of the proposal
- Relevance in capturing Screenwest’s core aims and focus
How to Submit
Proposals should include a one pager on the background of the company including references to past work and one page on the vision of the project including the budget.
Proposals are to be submitted to Screenwest Head of Communications Alex Biddle at email@example.com by Thursday, 16 July 2020 at 5:00pm AWST.
Listen to our podcast – In Conversation with Screenwest for a behind the scenes look at the world of screen production as world-class film, television, documentary and digital media practitioners share their experiences, insight and expertise.
View the WA Screen Industry Calendar to see what’s happening in the screen industry in Western Australia.