Applications Open for Travel Funding to AIDC
Screenwest has opened a travel funding round to assist up to 10 Western Australian non-fiction filmmakers wishing to attend the Australian International Documentary Conference (AIDC) in 2020.
AIDC is Australia’s premier annual event for documentary and factual screen content. The 2020 conference runs from Sunday, 1 March to Wednesday, 4 March 2020 at State Library Victoria.
About 2020 AIDC Travel Funding
Successful applicants will receive a link to an early-bird discounted-rate AIDC All Access Pass registration to book their ticket. Practitioners that are shortlisted for Australia Uncovered will be eligible to apply for travel funding outside of the closing date.
Screenwest will offer a set funding amount of $1,500 under both of Screenwest’s travel funding categories: Travel – Business & Marketing and Travel – Skills Development & Exposure. As this is a set funding amount, a budget will not be required as part of the application process.
Practitioners are to apply under the appropriate travel funding category. Guidelines and application materials are at the links below.
- Travel – Business and Marketing (for practitioners with two or more recognised credits)
- Travel – Skills Development and Exposure (for emerging and mid-career practitioners)
Please note that as this is a competitive round, funding is not assured even where an applicant meets all the minimum eligibility criteria.
AIDC opportunities and incentives
- The Witness Pitch closes Friday, 13 December 2020
- ACCESS Mentorship Program closes Sunday, 15 December 2020
- FACTory 2020: closes Wednesday, 18 December 2020
- Meet Your Maker: XR Pitch closes Monday, 13 January 2020
- Leading Lights closes Wednesday, 22 January 2020
- Australia Uncovered closes Thursday, 30 January 2020
For more information about this program, please contact:
Listen to our podcast – In Conversation with Screenwest for a behind the scenes look at the world of screen production as world-class film, television, documentary and digital media practitioners share their experiences, insight and expertise.
View the WA Screen Industry Calendar to see what’s happening in the screen industry in Western Australia.