Announcing Western Australia’s “Screen Industry Health Check”
A comprehensive approach to identifying the status of the industry
Screenwest, through independent consultancy, Screenworks, is undertaking the next phase of a thorough and consultative review on the health of the Western Australian Screen Industry.
About the “Screen Industry Health Check”
The aim of the “Screen Industry Health Check” is to collate, analyse and report on findings that will inform future strategic planning and decisions for industry growth and explore opportunities for sustainable competitive advantages in WA.
A broad range of topics, will be identified, including:
- areas of growth
- skills gaps and training requirements
- industry size and demographics
- health and safety and general wellbeing within the industry
Screenworks will be providing this comprehensive industry health check through:
- Exploring, analysing and providing recommendations following online surveys of individuals and companies
- Providing the opportunity for consultation and engagement with industry
- A research and literature review of contemporary reports including feedback received through the original Screenwest Guidelines Review Survey and of the wider Australian and international industry landscape including a review of current and future trends
- Detailed analysis, including a SWOT analysis to formulate strategic priorities and actions
Data collected will have all responders’ identifiers removed so privacy is maintained across all survey collection methods and interactions with Screenworks. Findings from the research will be released to the public at the completion of the project.
Screenworks CEO, Ken Crouch will launch the WA Industry Health Check with an in-person presentation at Screenwest’s End of Year Networking Night, Tuesday, 3 December 2019 at Perth Mess Hall.
The online survey will open in December, with full details to be announced. The survey will give anyone in the industry the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to future planning and decision making.
Targeted industry forums will be conducted in early February 2020 with key stakeholders and industry groups, to be contacted shortly.
Screenworks will remain the point of contact throughout the duration of this process, with all individual feedback provided to remain confidential. Data and reports provided by Screenworks will contain aggregated data, rather than individualised.
Screenworks has been engaged as an independent reviewer as the organisation has been delivering screen industry development programs, initiatives and services for nearly 20 years. Their purpose is to support the growth of an innovative, vibrant and sustainable screen industry, particularly in regional Australia.
Over the past two years, Screenworks has been engaged by state and territory funding bodies to undertake industry development analysis and consultation projects. They include:
- South Australian Screen Sector Industry Development Analysis for South Australian Film Corporation in 2019
- A Road Map For The Screen Industry In Far North Queensland for Screen Queensland in 2018
Register now to attend the WA Screen Industry End of Year Networking Night for 2019.
Come along and mingle with other practitioners while enjoying the opportunity to network, chat and build contacts. Special guest Ken Couch from Screenworks will also be presenting at further information on the Western Australia “Screen Industry Health Check”.
A cash bar will operate with nibbles provided by Screenwest.
When: Tuesday, 3 December 2019
Time: 6:30pm – 9:30pm
Where: Perth Mess Hall, 8 Francis Street, Northbridge, WA 6000
Registration: Free, but registration is essential! Register on the WA Screen Industry Networking Event + WA Industry Health Check Presentation Eventbrite page.
For more information about this event, please email email@example.com
Listen to our podcast – In Conversation with Screenwest for a behind the scenes look at the world of screen production as world-class film, television, documentary and digital media practitioners share their experiences, insight and expertise.
View the WA Screen Industry Calendar to see what’s happening in the screen industry in Western Australia.