Western Australian screen practitioners and productions have been picking up awards left, right and centre!
We want to take a moment to shine a light on our talented practitioners and congratulate them on their recent achievements.
Writer/Director of THALU: DREAMTIME IS NOW and UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY, Weerianna Street Media
A STARGAZER’S GUIDE TO THE COSMOS – TV Series
Joined Up Films
- WINNER – 2018 SAE ATOM Award for Best Factual Television Series
- WINNER – 2018 APRA Award for Best Music for a Documentary (Sean Tinnion)
“As it’s my first time at the 2018 APRA Screen Music Awards, I am grateful to have been there as a nominee so when I won the award for ‘Best Music To A Documentary’ I was extremely humbled and thankful to all involved,” said composer Sean Tinnion.
MYSTERY ROAD – TV Series
David Jowsey and Greer Simpkin (ABC/Bunya Productions)
- WINNER – 2018 AACTA Award for Best Drama Series
- WINNER – 2018 AACTA Award for Best Guest or Supporting Action in a Television Drama (Wayne Blair)
- WINNER – 2018 AACTA Award for Best Guest or Supporting Actress in a Television Drama (Deborah Mailman)
- WINNER – 2018 AACTA Award for Best Editing in Television (Episode 5: Deborah Peart)
- WINNER – 2018 AACTA Award for Best Original Music Score in Television (Episode 4: Antony Partos, Matteo Zingales)
- WINNER – 2018 Screen Forever Award for Telemovie or Mini Series Production of the Year
BREATH – Feature Film
Mark Johnson, Simon Baker and Jamie Hilton (Gran Via, Windalong Films & See Pictures)
- WINNER – 2018 AACTA Award for Best Supporting Actor (Simon Baker)
- WINNER – 2018 AACTA Award for Best Sound (Robert Mackenzie, Trevor Hope, Jed Dodge, Tara Web)
JIRGA – Feature Film
Benjamin Gilmour and John Maynard (Felix Media)
- WINNER – 2018 AACTA Award for Best Indie Film
JUDAS COLLAR – Short Film
Alison James and Brooke Tia Silcox
- WINNER – 2018 Austin Film Festival Award for Best Narrative Short Film
- 2018 Dendy Short Film Award Special Mention for the Rouben Mamoulian Award for Best Director(Alison James)
LET’S SEE HOW FAST THIS BABY WILL GO – Short Film
Julietta Boscolo and Eva Di Blasio
- WINNER – 2018 SAE ATOM Award for Best Short Fiction (50 minutes or less)
RIFT – Short Film
Quentin Curzon and Hannah Ngo, WA Screen Academy, Edith Cowan University
- WINNER – 2018 SAE ATOM Award for Best Tertiary Short Fiction
- WINNER – 2018 Australian Game Developer Award for visual novel IT WILL BE HARD
PRESSURE – Game
Mason Flemming and Michael Boyle, WA Screen Academy, Edith Cowan University
- WINNER – 2018 SAE ATOM Award for Best Educational Game
We love celebrating the WA Screen Industry and your successes!
If you hear about WA screen practitioners and projects receiving nominations, winning awards or achieving cool things, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.