A Professional Attachment opportunity is available through the Screenwest Crew Attachment Program on an upcoming Western Australian feature film. Applications close Wednesday, 12 December 2018 at 5:00pm WST.
About the Attachment
The successful candidate will complete a six-week Production Accountant Attachment under the expert guidance of Production Accountant Tu Nhi Lam where they will:
- Gain a detailed understanding of the role of an accounting department on a feature film
- Gain insight into the workings of a production office
- Develop skills in the reconciliation of petty cash
- Gain knowledge of and experience with Eclipse Accounting software
- Receive an understanding of digital and hard copy account filing procedures
- An eye for detail
- Accuracy in data entry
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage deadlines
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- A good knowledge of MS Office and office equipment such as photocopier, scanner
Experience in cash handling is a bonus.
The successful recipient is anticipated to commence in the role on Monday, 21 January 2019.
Screenwest encourages applications from Western Australians from underrepresented and/or diverse groups, appropriate to the roles. The WA screen industry recognises diversity as differences in gender; age; Indigenous identity; cultural and linguistic diversity (CaLD); disability; sexuality and gender identities (LGBTQI+); location (including urban communities and remote regions) and socio-economic status.
If the right candidate cannot be found for this role, the attachment may be offered in another department.
How to Apply
Please view the Crew Attachment Program page on the Screenwest website for the full guidelines, application materials and submission details.
All program guidelines are to be read in conjunction with the Screenwest Terms of Trade.
To talk to someone about this opportunity, applicants should contact:
Gabrielle Cole, Production Attraction and Services Coordinator
T: +61 8 6169 2117