The Australian Government’s Location Incentive is officially open for applications.
The Location Incentive will provide funding of $140 million over four years from 2019-20. Grants will be provided to large budget international screen productions undertaking filming in Australia that perform strongly against the assessment criteria.
Guidelines, including eligibility criteria, can be found on the GrantConnect website, while applications can be made through the online application form.
Location Incentive Eligibility
To be eligible for funding productions must:
- Meet the eligibility criteria for the Location Offset
- Utilise the services of one or more Australian post digital or visual effects providers
- Secure support from relevant state or territory governments
- Meet or exceed the expenditure threshold:
- $15 million AUD of qualifying Australian production expenditure (QAPE)
- for a television series, $1 million AUD per hour of that QAPE.
Please read the Location Incentive guidelines for more information about the eligibility criteria and the application and funding process.
The guidelines can be accessed at the Australian Government’s GrantConnect website.
How to Apply
To apply for funding, applicants must submit an online application.
If you are unable to use the online form please contact the Screen Industry Section on (02) 6271 1543 or at email@example.com.