What’s In Production – November 2019
Last Updated: Wednesday, 6 November 2019
- Producer: Nigel Quick
- Production Company: Desert Collectors Australia Pty Ltd
Bringing Western Australia’s unique collectors and their amazing collections to the world.
- Feature Film
- Producers: Tenille Kennedy, Tim White
- Production Companies: The Koop, Southern Light Films
1897. To escape the outback, a young Afghan cameleer falls in with a mysterious bushman on the run with stolen Crown gold.
EVERY FAMILY HAS A SECRET S2
- Producers: Celia Tait, Claire Forster
- Production Company: Artemis Media
Presented by Noni Hazlehurst this masterfully crafted observational documentary series follows everyday Australians as they discover the truth about their family’s past, confronting the extraordinary secrets that have shaped their lives.
THE HEIGHTS S2
- Television Series
- Producers: Peta Astbury, Warren Clarke
- Production Companies: Matchbox Productions Pty Ltd, For Pete’s Sake Production Pty Ltd
THE HEIGHTS is a ‘slice of life’ serialised drama that explores over a 30 Episode season, the relationships, work lives and everyday challenges faced by six families living in an inner-city social housing tower and the leafy surrounding streets of Arcadia Heights.
OUTBACK OPAL HUNTERS S3
- Executive Producers: Ed Punchard, Julia Redwood, Jules Fortune
- Production Company: Prospero Productions Pty Ltd
Australia’s toughest miners face triumph and disaster hoping to make a fortune chasing one of the world’s most coveted gems: Opal.
- Television Series
- Producers: Tyson Mowarin, Robyn Marais
- Production Company: Weerianna Street Media
A mysterious dust cloud is sweeping across the land, consuming everything in its path, making the old people ill, and the country sick… and somewhere inside that cloud are The Takers. Away from home when the dust cloud engulfed their respective towns, two groups of Aboriginal kids – one made up of boys, and the others of girls – join forces to try and not only outrun the cloud, but to work out who The Takers are, what they want, and how they can be stopped.
UNDER THE VOLCANO
- Feature Documentary
- Producers: Cody Greenwood, Richard Harris
- Production Company: Rush Films
On a remote Caribbean Island, in the shadow of an active volcano, the world’s biggest recording artists made music and myth that defined an era.
FAMILY RULES S3
- Documentary Series
- Producers: Renee Kennedy, Karla Hart
- Production Companies: Metamorflix and Karla Hart Enterprises
This up-close and personal series gives an exclusive insight into modern Indigenous family life through the eyes of a remarkable mother and her daughters. Angela, Shenika, Kelly, Kiara, Sharna, Aleisha, Jessica and Hannah navigate their way through adolescence and adulthood as their mother, Daniella, tries to teach them life lessons. With their own unique senses of humour and style, these women learn to juggle their own aspirations with the reality of everyday life.
MYSTERY ROAD S2
- Producers: Greer Simpkin, David Jowsey
- Production Companies: Bunya Productions, Mystery Road Media
The further adventures of outback detective Jay Swan.
- Feature Documentary
- Producers: Shireen Narayan, Celia Tait
- Production Companies: Inavision Films, Artemis Media
When 24 year old Claire Murray needs a second liver transplant she is condemned for being a junkie but what the public don’t know is that behind Claire’s addiction lies a terrible secret.
- Producer: Robyn Marais
- Production Company: Weerianna Street Media Pty Ltd
Marni is an art experience in which an intricate dot painting about country is made by Yinjaa-Barni artist Allery Sandy on Ngarluma country.
100% WOLF Movie
- Producers: Alexia Gates-Foale, Barbara Stephen
- Co-Producer: Francesca Hope
- Production Companies: Flying Bark, Siamese Pty Ltd
Thirteen year old Freddy Lupin can’t wait to become a werewolf, just like his legendary father! But when the big day arrives, Freddy’s first transformation is not quite what he bargained for…
100% WOLF TV
- TV Series
- Producers: Alexia Gates Foale, Barbara Stephens, Michael Bourchier
- Associate Producer: Francesca Hope
- Production Company: Flying Bark Productions
Freddy Lupin is sent to Howlington Academy where he must prove he has the heart of a werewolf to earn a place in the prestigious Night Patrol… There’s just one problem. He’s a poodle. A pink one.
- Feature Film
- Producers: Aidan O’Bryan, Janelle Landers
- Production Company: WBMC
A decades-long feud between two sheep farming brothers comes to a head when disaster strikes their flocks.
- Interactive Documentary (VR)
- Producer: Alice Wolfe
- Production Company: Periscope Pictures
Come on a virtual reality adventure and learn to hunt kangaroo, gather bush foods and fish the traditional way. Virtual Whadjuk immerses you in Noongar culture and Perth landscapes as they were before European settlement.
Screenwest will make public all funding approvals on its website regularly, including the project name, production company/producer/developer, genre, synopsis and funding program as they appear in the official funding offer.
It will also include projects funded for production funding in its What’s in Production section on the Screenwest website.
Screenwest will not release details of amounts given to individual projects/activities. Screenwest will not make public the details of the individual project title if the production company/producer/developer seeks an exemption in the form of written notification to Screenwest within 7 business days of the offer being sent.
At the end of each financial year, full details of all funding approvals will be made available to the public in the Screenwest Annual Report.