What’s In Production – March 2020
Last updated: Tuesday, 3 March 2020
A Note on COVID-19
This page has temporarily ceased updating due to rapidly changing circumstances with COVID-19 and the resulting disruption of production schedules within Western Australia. If you require more information regarding a particular project, please contact Screenwest at email@example.com.
This page will resume updating regularly once the COVID-19 crisis stabilises and production activity returns to normal.
OUTBACK TRUCKERS S8
- Producers: Julia Redwood, Ed Punchard, Alan Hall
- Production Company: Prospero Productions
Returning for an epic 8th season, Outback Truckers is back, bigger and better than ever. We join the men and women who battle against the odds to transport crucial supplies across Australia’s harshest terrain.
AUSSIE GOLD HUNTERS S5
- Producer: Ingrid Longley
- Production Company: Electric Pictures
We re-join our hard-core crews of gold prospectors as they take the gamble of a lifetime and battle to strike it big, deep in the wild west of outback Australia.
- Producer: Nigel Quick
- Production Company: Desert Collectors Australia Pty Ltd
Bringing Western Australia’s unique collectors and their amazing collections to the world.
OUTBACK CAR HUNTERS
- Producer: Nathan Gibbs, Dan Brown & Jacqueline Willinge
- Production Company: Catch & Release
Abandoned classic cars from all over the world are scattered right across the Aussie outback and some are worth a fortune to those luck enough to find them.
THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY
- Augmented Reality Experience
- Producer: Ali Lucker and Mateo Rodriguez
- Production Company: Sutu Eats Flies
A mobile Augmented Reality experience that transforms the user’s live selfie video into a dynamic digital story adaptation of The Picture of Dorian Gray.
JAMIEN HUDSON FROM SKY TO SEA
- Feature Documentary
- Producer: Jodie DeBarros and Leighton DeBarros
- Production Company: Sea Dog TV International
An expectant father with quadriplegia from a remote coastal town in Western Australia has the support of his family of professional scuba-divers but struggles against a risk-averse film director to pursue his childhood dream of filming the great white share, this igniting a global debate on disability rights.
- Web Series
- Producers: Bec Bignell, Jennene Riggs
- Production Company: A dynamic duo gives the country-image a facelift in a shed show that raises the town’s exposure and a
THE HEIGHTS S2
- Television Series
- Producers: Peta Astbury, Warren Clarke
- Production Companies: Matchbox Productions Pty Ltd, For Pete’s Sake Production Pty Ltd
THE HEIGHTS is a ‘slice of life’ serialised drama that explores over a 30 Episode season, the relationships, work lives and everyday challenges faced by six families living in an inner-city social housing tower and the leafy surrounding streets of Arcadia Heights.
OUTBACK OPAL HUNTERS S3
- Executive Producers: Ed Punchard, Julia Redwood, Jules Fortune
- Production Company: Prospero Productions Pty Ltd
Australia’s toughest miners face triumph and disaster hoping to make a fortune chasing one of the world’s most coveted gems: Opal.
EVERY FAMILY HAS A SECRET S2
- Producers: Celia Tait, Claire Forster
- Production Company: Artemis Media
Presented by Noni Hazlehurst this masterfully crafted observational documentary series follows everyday Australians as they discover the truth about their family’s past, confronting the extraordinary secrets that have shaped their lives.
- Feature Film
- Producers: Tenille Kennedy, Tim White
- Production Companies: The Koop, Southern Light Films
1897. To escape the outback, a young Afghan cameleer falls in with a mysterious bushman on the run with stolen Crown gold.
- Television Series
- Producers: Tyson Mowarin, Robyn Marais
- Production Company: Weerianna Street Media
A mysterious dust cloud is sweeping across the land, consuming everything in its path, making the old people ill, and the country sick… and somewhere inside that cloud are The Takers. Away from home when the dust cloud engulfed their respective towns, two groups of Aboriginal kids – one made up of boys, and the others of girls – join forces to try and not only outrun the cloud, but to work out who The Takers are, what they want, and how they can be stopped.
UNDER THE VOLCANO
- Feature Documentary
- Producers: Cody Greenwood, Richard Harris
- Production Company: Rush Films
On a remote Caribbean Island, in the shadow of an active volcano, the world’s biggest recording artists made music and myth that defined an era.
MYSTERY ROAD S2
- Producers: Greer Simpkin, David Jowsey
- Production Companies: Bunya Productions, Mystery Road Media
The further adventures of outback detective Jay Swan.
100% WOLF Movie
- Producers: Alexia Gates-Foale, Barbara Stephen
- Co-Producer: Francesca Hope
- Production Companies: Flying Bark, Siamese Pty Ltd
Thirteen year old Freddy Lupin can’t wait to become a werewolf, just like his legendary father! But when the big day arrives, Freddy’s first transformation is not quite what he bargained for…
100% WOLF TV
- TV Series
- Producers: Alexia Gates Foale, Barbara Stephens, Michael Bourchier
- Associate Producer: Francesca Hope
- Production Company: Flying Bark Productions
Freddy Lupin is sent to Howlington Academy where he must prove he has the heart of a werewolf to earn a place in the prestigious Night Patrol… There’s just one problem. He’s a poodle. A pink one.
Screenwest will make public all funding approvals on its website regularly, including the project name, production company/producer/developer, genre, synopsis and funding program as they appear in the official funding offer.
It will also include projects funded for production funding in its What’s in Production section on the Screenwest website.
Screenwest will not release details of amounts given to individual projects/activities. Screenwest will not make public the details of the individual project title if the production company/producer/developer seeks an exemption in the form of written notification to Screenwest within 7 business days of the offer being sent.
At the end of each financial year, full details of all funding approvals will be made available to the public in the Screenwest Annual Report.