Please briefly tell us about your project as soon as practical so we can consider what’s coming up. The Fund is always looking out for the best available opportunities to invest and will assess projects competitively. We won’t start evaluating your project until you tell us you’re ready.
The Fund is managed for the purpose of generating the greatest possible regional outcomes through developing and supporting regional based business, services and talent by delivering a coordinated investment strategy into regional screen industry activities with a particular focus on:
- Purchasing goods and services in the regions
- Capitalising on tourism development opportunities in the regions
- Building capability in the regions
- Facilitating job creation in the regions
- Establishing longer term economic and cultural benefits in the regions (‘innovative legacies’)
- Facilitating further investment in the regional film industry activity, including by way of achieving direct project returns.
The Fund principally invests in film production activities in order to achieve these outcomes. (* Film means audiovisual content of any format.) Special consideration will be given to projects that have the potential to deliver exceptional regional outcomes.
Every production is unique and “results” not “rules” are our priority. The Fund Guidelines provide more detailed guidance on how we’ll approach evaluating your project.
Fund investment is additional to regular Screenwest production funding and other state and federal support.
For more information about the Western Australian Regional Film Fund, please contact: