Event calendar submissions need meet the following criteria in order to be included.
Submitted events must be:
- Located in Western Australia
- Run by an accredited Industry organisation
- Of a substantial benefit to the industry
Ineligible event submissions include but are not limited to:
- Private events not open to the general public, including cast and crew screenings
- Personal gatherings
- Events not related to the screen industry
- Events primarily of political, religious or commercial motivation. This includes political rallies and events primarily intended to advertise a specific corporation, organisation or business.
- Events that contain or support content that is unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, discriminatory or abusive.
We require the following information for event submissions:
- Event Name
- One-line description
- Start and End Time
- Event location
- Purpose of Event
Conditions of Use
Screenwest accepts all submissions in good faith. We consider all submissions in line with our decision-making powers, and we publish received submissions as soon as possible.
When we publish a submission on our website, we may also include some details about the submitter. We treat all submissions as public information unless the submitter has asked us to:
- treat some or all of a submission as confidential or commercially sensitive
- not disclose personal information, such as a name, address or contact details
By making a submission, you authorise Screenwest to publish, reproduce, use and disclose your submission to others without restriction.
In order to submit an event, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Provide an accurate email address. Do not use a false email address or an email address belonging to a third-party.
By submitting an event to the calendar, you agree:
- Your submission will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right
- Your submission will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, including hate speech
- Your submission will not contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website
- The information you have provided is current and correct
We may not publish all the information we receive in a submission. We may only publish part of a submission if it:
- contains information that must not be published;
- breaches privacy legislation, injunction, caveat or court order;
- may result in the identification of an individual without their consent
- contains inflammatory, offensive or inappropriate content;
- is defamatory or may expose Screenwest to legal action;
- is confidential or commercially sensitive
- contains information regarding minors under the age of 18 years, without the consent of the individual’s parent or guardian;
Screenwest reserves the right to edit event submissions at any time for clarity, brevity, accuracy, the correction of typographical errors, or to match our editorial style guide.
Screenwest reserves the right to reject or remove event submissions at any time that:
- do not align with the WA Screen Industry Calendar Submission Guidelines or these Terms
- contain, link to, or otherwise support content we determine is unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable
- violates any party’s intellectual property
- intentionally promote violence, hatred, contempt or ridicule toward persons of a specific race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability or age.
- will bring or are likely to bring the Western Australian Government or Screenwest into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule, or which might tend to reflect unfavourably on Screenwest.
If your submission has been rejected and you would like to appeal our decision, please follow the below process:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Calendar Submission Dispute.
- Briefly describe why you feel your submission has been wrongfully rejected.
- Wait for a response. A Screenwest staff member will return your email with details as to why your submission was rejected with reference to the WA Screen Industry Events Calendar Terms and Conditions.
- If you are not satisfied by our response, your case will be passed along to the Screenwest complaints officer to begin the formal complaints resolution procedure.
Screenwest accepts no legal liability whatsoever arising from or connected to, any views or materials contained in these submissions or the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any submissions on this website.
Screenwest reserves the right not to publish all or part of a submission that do not meet the or which is deems inappropriate.
Screenwest will expressly state on its website that all submissions reflect the views expressed by authors and submitters. The submissions do not necessarily reflect the views of Screenwest and the publication of the submissions on this website does not imply that Screenwest endorses their content.
Any personal information contained in submission is protected by law, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). Your name may be used to attribute your ownership of your submission unless you indicate that you wish to remain anonymous. Your email address may be used to enable Screenwest to contact you regarding your submission if it is incomplete or inaccessible.
Your personal information will not be used or disclosed for any other purpose unless authorised or required by law.
Ownership of all submissions received by Screenwest remains vested with the respective author(s) of the submission.
In making a submission to this website, you grant a royalty-free non exclusive licence to allow the Screenwest to use, reproduce, publish, perform or communicate to the public your submission on the Screenwest website, including converting your submission into a different format to that submitted for the purposes of meeting relevant accessibility requirements.
To the extent that your submission contains material that is owned by a third party, you warrant that you have obtained all necessary licences and consents required for the use of those materials (including for Screenwest to use, reproduce, publish, perform or communicate to the public), and have made arrangements for the payment of any royalties or other fees payable in respect of the use of such material. Screenwest has discretion to request copies of such licences or consents, if required.
WA Screen Industry Calendar
View the WA Screen Industry Calendar: www.screenwest.com.au/calendar/
Submit an event: goo.gl/forms/hIYBW3okFeyp1Oux1
T: +61 8 6169 2100