Field Researcher Attachment with VAM MEDIA and TERRA AUSTRALIS
A Professional Attachment opportunity is available for Pilbara based practitioners through the Screenwest...
A Professional Attachment opportunity is available for Pilbara based practitioners through the Screenwest Crew Attachment Program on VAM MEDIA and TERRA AUSTRALIS’S upcoming Documentary Series. Applications have been extended to Monday, 19 April 2021 at 5:00pm AWST.
About the Attachment
The successful candidate will complete a five-week Field Researcher Attachment under the expert guidance of Christian Horgan where they will:
- work directly with an experienced mentor who has significant industry knowledge.
- work with the editorial team on an editorial research brief under the guidance of the mentor.
- assist with local logistics.
- gain experience in the research process for editorial purposes.
- gain experience in researching and writing for television
- receive constructive feedback from the mentor.
- Work alongside the production team, helping research local facilities to assist the field team on location.
- gain hands on experience during the pre-production phase
- potentially have the opportunity assist in production time when filming on shore.
Screenwest encourages applications from Western Australians from underrepresented and/or diverse groups, appropriate to the roles. The WA screen industry recognises diversity as differences in:
- Indigenous identity;
- cultural and linguistic diversity (CaLD);
- sexuality and gender identities (LGBTQI+);
- location (including urban communities and remote regions), and
- socio-economic status.
The successful recipient is anticipated to commence in the role on Monday 26th April 2021.
If the right candidate cannot be found for this role, the attachment may be offered in another department.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements
- be committed to developing a career in documentary television
- be passionate about marine life and history of WA.
- Be able to work remotely with direction from the production office in Fremantle.
- have a desire to gain experience in researching and writing for television.
- be enthusiastic,
- have good attention to detail
- be able to work on a fast turnaround basis if required.
- have the means to travel to various locations as required.
- have access to a computer and the internet.
- Successful applicant will be Pilbara Resident, preferably residing in or near Port Hedland or Karratha.
It is expected the successful Attachment will:
- Comply with the Producer’s workplace rules and requirements for safety and behaviour.
- Comply with all lawful and reasonable directions given to the Attachment by officers or employees of the Producer during the Term of the Attachment.
- Keep confidential any and all confidential information of the Producer that comes into the Attachment’s possession.
How to Apply
The full guidelines and applications materials are available on the Crew Attachment Program page on the Screenwest website.
All program guidelines are to be read in conjunction with the Screenwest Terms of Trade.
An application receipt will be forwarded to the applicant within two working days to confirm that Screenwest has received the application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact Screenwest if an application receipt has not been received within this timeframe.
To talk to someone about this opportunity, applicants should contact:
Listen to our podcast – In Conversation with Screenwest for a behind the scenes look at the world of screen production as world-class film, television, documentary and digital media practitioners share their experiences, insight and expertise.
View the WA Screen Industry Calendar to see what’s happening in the screen industry in Western Australia.